Tuesday, December 30, 2008

For All of You Snowbound People -- Are You Jealous?

While I am slightly jealous of all of you who are surrounded by feet upon feet of snow, I am also loving today's weather here. We haven't seen so much as a snow flurry this year and for someone who grew up having a white Christmas almost every year, that is a little hard to take. Poor Rylie had one BIG wish on her list for Santa and that was to have a white Christmas. She was so disappointed on Christmas morning and Mom & Dad had to explain that we're sure Santa is aware of what is best and if EVERYONE had a white Christmas then the world would be VERY, VERY cold.

If you are one of those shoveling snow or plowing every few hours, I'm sure you're tired of the cold and snow. I am now going to gloat about our wonderful spring-like weather here. It is almost 60 degrees, the sun is shining beautifully, and we have our windows open to enjoy the fresh air. We took down our Christmas lights. I sprayed the front porch and walk. Aaron washed our cars and we got to detail them too!!! (I almost feel like I have a new car again.)

While I miss the winter snow... this is great!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Yes, I am a little jealous. On Christmas day we got DUMPED on, and literally spent 3 hours trying to shovel and plow and dig ourselves out.

Did my package ever show up there? My mom thanks you for the beautiful flowers that came to her house!