Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rylie Turns Eight



























I can't believe it's been eight years already! Rylie is such a sweet blessing in our lives. She was so excited for her birthday because this one is more special to her because now she has the opportunity to be baptized if she chooses. She is so excited for her baptism.


She got one of her favorite breakfast items that day: scrambled eggs. I wish I'd had more energy that morning because I wanted to make pancakes and bacon too but I was up a lot the night before. But, hey, this is Rylie and she didn't care. She was excited to get something she loved that morning. During school we tried to deliver her a balloon & flower boquet but apparently the school has a rule that doesn't allow this as it "disturbs the classroom." So she got them when she came home. Aaron was off that day because he took the RedEye flight from San Diego to be here for her birthday. We were able to leave to Richmond as soon as she got home from school. You see, our tradition is that the birthday kid gets to pick anywhere they want to eat their b-day dinner. Her choice for the past four or five years has been Olive Garden.
Unfortunately we don't have one here so we have to make the long trek to Richmond. Boy... we sure do love our kids. We told her she had to pick somewhere new next year because there won't be an O.G. in Germany. After dinner we came home and although we were all very tired, she opened her presents and we had ice cream cake.
Of course she loved opening all of her presents. Who doesn't. She was especially thrilled with her "Big" present from Mom & Dad because it made her feel all grown up. She got a "big person camera." She loved all the money she got and the fun crafty things, her books, games, movie. Rylie loves whatever she is given. She's so awesome that way in that she appreciates so much.
She is a sweet, sweet girl and we are so grateful she is part of our lives. Rylie, Mom and Dad love you very much!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't even believe that my niece is eight years old. Where in the world has all the time goen? She is such a beautiful little girl and I love her so much. Looks like she had a wonderful birthday. I love you guys..

ESN said...

What a cool birthday! You guys are awesome parents. It is hard to believe that she is eight. She's a cutie, I wouldn't mind introducing her to my sons in about ten years.

Tiffany and Jeremy said...

What a sweet girl! Tell her that we love her!

Wendi said...

Hi Janelle,

I found your blog on Rebecca Estrada's...so fun to read about your family!! I can't believe how big your kids are and Rylie is 8! And a new baby...you are sure busy-and you look great I might:) I have a hard time keeping up with my 3. But they are fun and keep me on my toes!!

Take care,

Wendi Maney

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 8! She is very cute....your whole family is. I hope your Brenner is doing well. Our Brenner is potty trained....yipee. Just in time so I don't have to do 2 sets of diapers :0) Cute pic's and seeing your new babe gets me really excited for next month