Last night (Tuesday) was Karter's Pinewood Derby. We have been so busy over the past month or two and we had just not gotten around to doing anything with his car until about a week ago. Since we don't have any of our woodworking tools here in Germany we're at the mercy of the woodshop hours here on post, which are not often enough. So Aaron and Karter headed to the woodshop last Thursday to cut out a car. Surprisingly, the shop managers let Karter help use the tools. That night we headed to the basement of our apartment building and painted the body color. Aaron had to get all creative and purchase an air gun. The paint job looked nice - green with a hint of silver. Friday we headed to The Netherlands for the kids' swim championships and returned late Sunday evening. Monday we kept the kids home for a couple of hours to get caught up on homework and to finish the derby car. Then... Aaron left for a TDY (business trip) to Garmisch. I slapped some paint on the side of the car that says "KAMARAZ" (which didn't look good because I couldn't find my good paintbrushes) - and put some graphite on the wheels. That's all I did to the car.
So, REALLY --- this car was thrown together........
But apparently that didn't matter because his car took 1st Place (out of all the heats, Karter only lost one.)
It was hard for me to get good pictures and video as I tried to do the single parenting thing with a little 2 yr old that wanted to run stand on the track. But here is some of the shots I managed to get:
No comments:
Post a Comment