I finally finished!!! I've been going to school for about 15 years now and I finally completed my MBA. During that time I've been promoted a whole bunch of times and Janelle and I have had three children. I transferred from school to school to school. I changed majors a few times, completed an associate and bachelor's degree, and we decided that this was worth driving out to Colorado Springs for the commencement exercises. Now that I'm done, I can start looking at job possibilities for when I retire. I need something to fill my time now.
Janelle's take on this event: Yes, this was an event important enough to make the long, treterous drive to Colorado. Unfortunately, the kids were bored during the ceremony but I'm glad that they were able to see their dad accomplish something so important and valuable. It has taken quite some time to get to this point but there was never a question in my mind that Aaron would make it to his goal. He's a very intelligent individual and can usually accomplish anything he sets him mind on (his failure to finish isn't because he can't do it or figure it out, it's his lack of patience only). Even after losing all of his graduate credits when we moved from Washington to Colorado, he pressed on and started over. During the school process I've had my share of moments that I was frustrated that homework or some other school project had to be put in front of some other activities. We are definitely ready for a little break from the cost involved (hard to believe that one text book can cost $300), the time involved, and the occasional stress involved. Despite my moments of what seemed like lack of support, I am VERY PROUD of Aaron and his accomplishments! .... PhD?...maybe... we're considering it and if Aaron decides to take this route then I have no doubt that he has the ablility to accomplish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment