Thursday, February 14, 2008

Setting a Record???

Well, it would seem that Rylie is trying to set a new record, unintentionally of course. She has lost yet, another tooth. That is four teeth in one month!

We knew her tooth was loose but on Saturday it just wasn't ready enough to have pulled. At about 6:00 Sunday morning, she came into our bedroom. Shaking my arm she says, "Mommy, I popped my tooth out!" She was so excited that she did it herself. She even had to take her tooth to church to show her class.
** Of note: The Tooth Fairy had a rought night and wasn't able to make it in time to get her tooth. (oopsie!) When she woke on Monday morning she was so disappointed that the T.F. hadn't come. She got in bed and snuggled with Aaron. I snuck out and "checked" her room only to find that the dollar the T.F. left had fallen between her nightstand and her bed. Well, in my haste I hadn't "realized" that the tooth had still been in her box. (She leaves her teeth on her nightstand in a pretty box Aaron gave her a few years ago while he was on a work trip.) Mystically, her tooth disappeared in the course of ten minutes. Well, the T.F. had to send a letter to Rylie in the mail that day to explain that she'd had a rough night with the weather being bad and Rylie had woken up as she (T.F.) was trying to collect her tooth. She "waited outside the window until Rylie left her room so she could have the opportunity to sneak back in and get the tooth. The dollar had accidentally been knocked off the nightstand in her haste to get out before Rylie could see her because the "Fairy rules say that she is not allowed to let anyone see her." ** It was an interesting day. Rylie admitted after receiving the letter in the mail, "Mommy, I thought you were the T.F. but now I know you're not because I got this letter in the mail today!" *** Ah, the innocence of children-- don't you just love it!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Great post, now I don't feel so bad about our Tooth Fairy