I rarely take Rylie to a salon as she doesn't really have a style and she likes it long (refuses to cut it... not that we've tried to convince her). I do the trimming as needed on her. Then in late March I cut off about 6" of my hair (again a do-it-at home job). I was just trying to get the lenght where I wanted it before I continued on to a salon for the professional cut.
Well, with all this haircutting going on in our house lately, Emorie must have felt left out and took it upon herself to feel included. I left the haircutting scissors on the top of the piano but Emorie climbs much better than I knew at the time! I was sitting at the computer to check email and I thought Emorie sounded a little too quiet. When I went to check on her, this is what I found...
See the little pile of hair in front of her. I couldn't figure out where she had made the cut(s) and figured that since she has new baby hairs coming in that she hadn't done much damage.
It wasn't until two days later when I parted her hair down the middle to do pigtails that I saw it... right at the crown and in the middle. She had cut a group of hair down to about 1" from her scalp. Then I found a smaller cut group on the side of her head (way less noticeable). When she wears pigtails she has a group of hair that sticks up now. I think we have another inch to grow before it will be long enough to once again pull it into the rubberband.
Rylie has never (that I know of) cut her own hair. Karter, on the other hand, was apparently trying his hand at being a barber about six months ago. I found a little pile of hair on the floor of my closet and while he, at first, tried to deny it, he finally fessed up. He has so much hair though that you couldn't tell he'd done it. Kids... gotta love 'em !!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment