Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mother's Day

I've been extremely busy over the past few weeks so I have a bit of catching up to do.
On Mother's Day I was given a kids' form of breakfast in bed - eggo waffles with yogurt on top. Seemed a bit strange but when your a mom you TRY to accomodate those little moments. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. I may actually do that again for myself.

We have church really early so we didn't get a lot of time in the morning and then I stepped up to help a very good friend. I wouldn't desert my family on Mother's Day for just anyone but Tiffany has been a good long-time friend and I wanted to help her out. She had to fly to CA on Mother's Day for a type of business trip. As soon as Sacrament Meeting was over (I had to at least go see my kids sing their mother's day songs), I headed out to keep an eye on Tiffany's six kids. I took them to church in the afternoon and then took them home for dinner and bedtime. Then some relief came in the form of another volunteer. I didn't get to come home until after my kids were in bed but Aaron had a special dinner waiting for me. (Unfortunately I wasn't hungry so I had to save it for Monday - poor Aaron.)

Rylie and Karter gave me lots of goodies that are far better than anything they could have bought. They gave me their special clay pots they'd made in art class. They made them from scratch - getting to form them and paint them after drying in the kiln. Then they put a glaze on it and dried them in the kiln for a while longer. SO COOL! I also got lots of special notes. Rylie even took a large piece of paper that says "I LOVE Mom" to the neighbors and had them sign it. She signed for the neighbors and family members who weren't available to sign on their own - silly girl. (Of course I had NO idea she'd done that) SO SWEET!

My gift from Aaron: a Garmin GPS for my van - yeah! While this new town we live in isn't really big, it does confuse me. A couple weeks ago (hadn't installed the GPS yet) I took a turn onto the interstate going the wrong way - ugh - and had to drive fifteen minutes just to find a place to turn around. The GPS will be a great thing - especially when I take Rylie to Utah for Brittany's wedding and won't have Aaron to help me navigate through SLC. Aaron and I found this great deal on the GPS and decided that is what we were giving each other for Mother's/Father's Day. We ended up getting two for the regular price of one! So Cool!

No comments: