Monday, September 22, 2008

A Little Bit of This and That


Our Family's version of having fun.
F
un??? Well everyone was laughing. It seemed a little more like torture but Emorie didn't seem to mind too much that dad had her in a sleeping bag straight jacket.



Karter's 1st Official Pack Meeting

He earned his first two awards (well, sort of). He got his belt loop award for maps and compasses. He also earned his Bobcat award but the pack has decided to award this in November at some big special pack meeting. Here's a little song skit they did at the pack meeting. Considering they learned it ten minutes before the meeting started and only practiced it once, they did pretty good!

Emorie...
has been having fun when we take her out for an official bike ride. She feels like she's such a big girl.














She has also been a bit mischevious lately. Here is a picture of what she does after nap time. We even have child locks on her dresser drawers but since her arms are so small and she's so determined we can't keep her completely out of them. On Saturday Karter went to get Emorie after her nap and it seems she's discovered a new "after nap past time." She is now peeling the paint off of her dresser. (I know I didn't paint it right, ie sanding, priming, etc, but give me a break Emorie... please stop making more work for Mommy!
We are starting the process of going through a lot of our stuff to get organized for our big move. The garage is probably one of the biggest problem areas we have to face. The crib and extra large totes of baby necessities were stored in there. We decided to go ahead and put the crib together and bring the baby items in so we could go through them and clean them so that is one major project out of the way before this little one arrives. I've had a few people ask for pictures of the inside of our house and since I needed to take some for our landlord to use when renting the house again, I took some of Emorie's room before we crowded it with the crib. So here you go Mom... Emorie's room ...
















Emorie insists on doing almost everything herself. She loves to brush her teeth.





Rylie...
Is so cute but so miserable right now. She got her expander put in last week and her mouth has been hurting. Poor girl. Her mouth is so narrow that the molar bands that were put in protrude into her cheeks quite a bit. She asked how long she has to wear the expander and I told her probably about a year. She was not very happy. It's so hard for her to understand everything that is going on. She's also had quite a time with her mouth over the past month so she's been overloaded with a lot of uncomfortable things (spacers, then braces, then blisters from the Coxsackie Virus, and now this). I hope she gets used to it all soon so she won't be so miserable.
Here she is while supervising Emorie's teeth brushing. She tries so hard (too hard most the time) to mother Emorie. I know she's trying to help but Emorie likes being independent.






Rylie joined Girl Scouts last week. She is so excited. She also resumed her piano lessons last week. She wants to learn to play good so she can also play other instruments. She's quite ambitious. She loves to read too. Last week she came home with the novel On the Banks of Plum Creek (Laura Ingalls Wilder - Little House on the Prarie). I was so excited for her because this was my favorite book when I was about her age and I even have my copy of the book in my keepsake box. If anyone is looking to send her a gift, she will always love a good book, especially books about fairies!
Janelle...
I am growing bigger by the minute it seems. Unfortunately I have not been able to enjoy this last pregnancy like I thought I would. I'm only five months along and wishing it were January already. I feel so bad for the kids because I have had virtually no energy and feel cruddy all the time. My doctor told me to try Vitamin B6 or ginger root and if neither of them helped then he would write a prescription for me. The bad thing about that is the prescription stuff will make me more tired which won't help a bit since I can't sleep my day away. By now I think the kids have gotten pretty used to me being sick which, after five months, has kind of made me not so patient or happy. Just bear with me kiddos... this will come to an end!


I borrowed a book from my friend a couple of months ago and it has been sitting on the end table gathering dust. I finally decided it was time to read it so I could return it. I wasn't real sure what to expect from this Stephenie Meyer book as it was not part of her Twilight series. The first chapter or two were a little different but I knew to expect that because my friend had told me about it. Once I got into it and understood what was happening, it was a book I didn't want to put down, with a surprising twist at the end. It's a bit of a Sci-Fi read but pretty good.





Now I can move on to the fourth book in the Twilight series called Breaking Dawn when a copy comes available at the library.

Aaron...
is just busy with work. He's trying to work on the distance learning area of his job. I can't say too much about his work because I don't understand everything that he does within his job. He's taught a few classes over the past couple of weeks, went to DC last week to be on a military board (can't say too much about that). He will be going to DC for a month in October (on my birthday... happy birthday to me... I get to be a pregnant single mom for a month) for some sort of training. Good thing is that we'll be able to see him and we plan on spending a weekend there so we can do some touristy things with the kids.

1 comment:

Candace said...

LOL. I absolutely Loved the clip of Emorie swaddled in the sleeping bag! I had to watch it a couple times. It was too cute and absolutely hilarious. Fun times. Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry you've felt so crummy for so long, Janelle. I feel so bad for you. Hang in there.