Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Easter Message

Being on vacation, we weren't home to recognize the Easter Sabbath as we usually would. We got home at 3am on the 13th so I'm a little late on wishing a Happy Easter in which we would contemplate the great sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ and celebrate His resurrection. I was forwarded a link to a wonderful Easter message given by Jeffrey R. Holland, and LDS apostle, and would like to pass it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFhS0dAduc

I am grateful for the love & sacrifice of my Savior & Elder Brother, Jesus Christ. He willingly gave his life that we all may live again with our Father in Heaven. He loved us enough to pay the ultimate sacrifice. I can never repay him enough but can strive harder each day to remember Him and follow His teachings and example in loving and being compassionate.

I really don't know how the Easter BUNNY falls into the celebration of our Savior but has become tradition. For now we will still follow tradition and let out children enjoy the fun as we try to teach them what the holiday truly means. Since we were on vacation, we had to write the Easter Bunny a letter and ask that he wait to come to our home until the next week. He is due to arrive at our home late Friday night or early Saturday morning and I'm sure will leave lots of yummy treats and eggs for the kiddos to enjoy.

No comments: