Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yippee!!!

I am so behind but fully intend to catch back up. Rylie was baptized on April 16th. Since we'd been on vacation in Florida the previous week I hadn't gotten to making the programs for the baptism. I was all done and just in the middle of tweaking a font size when the computer started making a strange clicking sound. Long story short... it crashed... HARD! We weren't able to recover anything from it. Fortunately we had backed up our photos on an external drive the day we'd left on vacation so in the end we didn't lose one single picture. It had been about a month since we'd backed up the other parts of our computer. We did lose some documents but not as big of a deal as losing pictures would have been. We didn't know anything was wrong with the computer so it is quite amazing that we just happened to have purchased a new laptop on our drive home from Florida (we wanted to purchase it from a military exchange where we wouldn't have to pay taxes!) So I had to redo Rylie's baptism program. I am now in the process of downloading all of our cd's onto the new laptop - UGH! I had to stay up until 3 am one night to get the photos copied from the backup drive to the new computer, but am excited that everything is finally coming back together. I'm actually QUITE sick of sitting in front of a computer! I will be catching up soon!

No comments: