
Last Saturday we took the kids to a popular Virginia orchard to pick apples. They were having a fall festival and we thought it would be fun to go. It actually turned out to be a mistake to go that day because there were so many people. While I waited in line for the hayride Aaron took the kids to get in line at a concession tent to get some hotdogs. They stood there for 15 minutes and the line was moving at a snail's pace. Finally it was our turn for the hayride and they had to get out of line for the hotdogs. Oooh, big mistake!
From that point on Rylie was a grump. She loves hotdogs and was not happy about getting out of line. After the hayride we looked at the concession line with jawdropped faces. It had nearly tripled in length and was moving just as slow as before. We got in one of the multiple shorter lines to get some apple cider donuts and cider which helped Rylie's demeanor a little. We then went into the orchard to get our bounty. I was raised on Granny Smith apples and so that's what I have a tendency to eat the most and buy at the store. So the kids like them a lot too. Just so happened that the area of the orchard near where we ate our donuts was the granny smith's... yummy. The kids were disappointed because they didn't get to pick long enough. I guess they expected it to be like when we went to the berry patch and spend over an hour picking to get our fill. I can't imagine how many apples we would have ended up with if we'd picked for an hour... yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment